With regards to issuing equity:
- Equity funding tends to be relatively expensive (unless our share price is significantly overvalued).
- While we typically view it as a last resort, opportunities and/or circumstances may warrant an equity capital raise or share issuance in future.
With regards to taking on debt:
- We seek to be responsible custodians of our owners' financial capital and sustain the trust and confidence they have in us.
- We will look to optimise our balance sheet over time, but will do so cautiously, to ensure that we operate responsibly and sustainably.
- We have gradually increased our debt beyond just our finance leases (which represent an operating cost in our view) with an amortising working capital loan of ZAR1.5bn (concluded in November 2020). The loan has a 3-year term and bears interest at 3-month JIBAR + 1.70%.